I was cruising around Pinterest last week and I saw this recipe for chocolate chip cookies. The website claimed they would be the best chocolate chip cookies I would ever have, and it wasn't kidding, not even a little. I think they may be my favourite, but I will wait until I try this recipe with peanut butter chunks as well as chocolate chips.
Also they were really easy to make. Even for someone who doesn't own things like a food processor, or a cookie scoop - I didn't even know there was such a thing as a cookie scoop. I substituted my lack of culinary accessories for a vague idea of what 3/4 of a cup looks like, etc... and as for the food processor and cookie scoops, I used good old fashioned spoons because I'm just resourceful like that.
I really recommend trying them out, here's how I did it:
1/3 cup of unsalted soft unsalted butter - (I melted it in the microwave for 20 seconds)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of granulated sugar - (I just used more brown sugar again for this one, because really I'm not going to buy two kinds of sugar unless I absolutely have to...)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 cups of all purpose flour - (I just used regular flour, I don't know if that's the same thing)
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of dark chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350F/176C
2. Mix together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until, its fluffy - or in my case until your arm hurts..
3. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and chocolate - make sure to test chocolate before you stir it in, it may be poisoned ;)
4. Drop dough on a baking sheet, I used table spoon sized dollops about 3 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until brown around the ages. Don't cook for any longer, the middle bit is supposed to stay pale in colour.
5. Cool on a wire rack until you can't take it anymore and you need to eat one, just try not to burn your mouth on the molten chocolate.
This recipe is meant to make 3 dozen, for me it only made about 15 - but I like my cookies big.
A travel and lifestyle blog, East London, and all around the world.